Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Upcoming week and funky feelings

Hello again. It's Wednesday night, and I usually don't blog at night, but for some reason, I am wound up tonight and thought that perhaps writing would help calm me.

First things first...my funky feelings. Let's just deal with those and get them out of the way.

I have never been one to have "nature" allergies. What do I mean by "nature" allergies? Outside allergens never seem(ed) to bother me. Things like pollen, dust, flowers, plants, animals in general...I have never had a problem before.

This week has been completely out of sorts in terms of temperatures. Usually, the summers are very warm here. Last summer, for example, it was dry (desperate for rain), humid, and hot. Like nasty hot. This summer has been FULL of rain (22 days straight in June!) and hot. But ALSO cool! It has been in the low 70s for the past few days, with low humidity, a cool breeze, and sunshine. It honestly has been beautiful around here. I've had my windows opened for a few days now, and my room smells like sunshine in the morning. Ahh...

Today was the first day that there was a change in the weather in a few days. It was a little sticky out (humid), slightly warmer, and gray skies dominated the day (with a few sprinkles here and there). I go to bed around 11 each night and wake up at 7 each morning. For two days in a row now, I have woken up minutes before my alarm beeps. Two days ago, it was 10 minutes before my alarm. Today, it was 45 minutes before my alarm!

I got up today at 5:45 and could not breathe at all. I have what is called a deviated septum. So, one side of my nose is constantly blocked. Imagine me getting a cold...both sides blocked. Agh! Well, today, I woke up, and BOTH SIDES were blocked. I had been trying to sniff hard to breathe, and that caused a massive headache to form. I sat up, blew my nose, and nothing came out. That didn't help at all.

If you're following along closely, I'm 3-for-3 here, people.

I lay in bed for another 10 minutes, staring at my wall, feeling my head throbbing. Sitting up, I felt woozy. My eyes were watering and leaking like crazy--it looked like I was silently crying...it was bad.

I got dressed and ready for breakfast. Today was a busy day with my family--Mom and I shopped from 8-5 (pretty much). First, we went to Panera, then Wal-Mart, then home. Next, Aldi's, then home. Lunch, 1 hour break, Kroger. At this point, I picked up Dad from work, drove him across town to a car rental store to get a car for our Dad-daughter road trip, then back home. After that, the family had quite a few groceries to stash away, then dinner, then FINALLY now. Calming down and catching my breath. PHEW! What a day.

During the whole day, I felt sick to my stomach, overheated, and tired. My eyes constantly watered and burned, I couldn't breath, and I struggled to keep focus. Mom suggested allergies, and it was the first time I realized--ugh! I have "nature" allergies! Stupid weather.

On top of all that, I have been very..."down in the dumps"...lately. I think this feeling may stem from not having a full-time job, not living on my own, not having enough money to save up for my apartment, etc... But, hey, all in due time.

Onto the second part: my upcoming week.

Tomorrow, I have a piano lesson. Saturday (I am so excited for this day!), Dad and I are going to an abandoned Ohio town. SO EXCITED!!! Road trip day. Next Thursday, the family will be heading to an Indians game! Pictures will hopefully be posted. Soon, school will begin and life will pick up again. Until then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment