Tuesday, December 26, 2017

New week, new feelings

Holy moly, guys. I haven't blogged in 6 months. Why? Um....crazy busy schedules, 3 concerts in 2 days, 4 church services in 1 day, etc...and on top of all that, I couldn't get my blog to load...I couldn't get to the page I needed to post an actual blog! My computer just kept refreshing it quickly, but would never actually get the full page up so I could write a blog post. I don't know what's going on, but for some reason I was able to get around that and write this post. I'll keep trying to stop this problem.
It's a new week, and so much has happened in the past 6 months that I WANT to update you with everything right now here in this post, but there's just so much. So, I will say this: 

I did another musical! 
I am slowly getting back into subbing!
I celebrated Mom's first anniversary of her passing!
I made plans to see friends! (p.s.: see you in less than a week, friends!)
I had 3 concerts in 2 days, but for one concert, I got to sit back and enjoy
I got sick (that's now)
I had a big health scare and am still struggling big-time with it

I think that about sums it up...I will go into detail in more blogs.
So, new week, lots of new going-ons...lots of emotions on Mom's favorite holiday...LOTS OF STRESS...mostly unnecessary, some brought on by myself, most brought on by outside forces...


It's a new week, and I have a recurring goal that I've been working on for many, MANY years. 
This one is pretty old (and EXTREMELY repetitive), but since I haven’t truly accomplished it yet, I’m sticking with it until I do.


1 frozen coffee drink


I just can’t seem to shake these dang frozen coffee drinks (frozen mochas, frappucinos). They are so good, and I have treated them as a reward for so long (years) that going without them almost feels like I’m punishing myself. Some mental blocks I'm discovering I have:

—I can’t go to Panera without almost ALWAYS getting a frozen mocha.

—I’ve only gone to a Starbucks and gotten a hot chocolate (or other NON-frozen coffee drink) only ONCE in the past few years…every other time, it’s a frozen coffee drink.

—When I know I can’t have a frozen coffee drink, I force myself to not leave the house…physically. I just sit there in the morning, waiting until at least 11, when I can go get a pop…

…..so…..see the problem? I’m having a really tough time mentally and emotionally getting rid of these hankerings.

But, if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again, right?

I had mine yesterday, so my next one won't be until next Sunday (I start my weeks on Sundays, and get one on the way to church when I go early to practice).


Also, I like giving a music/motivation Monday update...just music I like listening to, and a motivational quote to get me through the week!

Music: Um, it's the day after Christmas, but I DON'T CARE. I LOVE CHRISTMAS SO MUCH I WANT IT EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR! AND....right on cue, a snow plow goes by. 

One of my favorite Christmas songs, for the music AND the lyrics: Stevie Wonder's "What Christmas Means to Me"


This one always gets me going and makes me feel so happy!

Motivational quote:

Know that you can start late, look different, be uncertain, and still succeed.

Have a great end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment