Monday, July 15, 2013

Measuring Monday

Oh so excited to write this post. !!

Today is (aside from my weight fluctuation that happens every few days) the first day since I started my weight loss journey that I have seen progress!! True progress!!

I've read lots of articles about weight loss that say you should measure yourself to see the inches that come off before the pounds. I've also read articles that say having a "clothes-o-meter", or a piece of clothing that doesn't fit, to measure yourself is also helpful. I don't use a "c-o-m". I am an old-fashioned kind of losing weight person. I use a tape measure to measure myself. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure what I would use as a "c-o-m"...jeans? A tee shirt? My one denim skirt?

Tonight I took measurements (with the help of Mom). I was stunned. Here are the beginning measurements vs. this week's measurements:

BEGINNING MEASUREMENTS (ALL IN INCHES):

Waist: 63.5

Hips: 68.5

Thigh: 33.5

Upper Arm: 20 

WEEK 2 MEASUREMENTS:

Waist: 62.5 (-1)

Hips: 67.75 (-.75)

Thigh: 32.75 (-.75

Upper Arm: 19 (-1)

Total off of my body: -3.5 inches

Good lord, I hope I did my math right. Ignore if wrong, please. LOOK AT THAT. EVERY MEASUREMENT DOWN. I can't believe it!!!!! I am too excited right now!! :D :D :D

Ok, back to the blog. Phew. What an amazing feeling this is. My hard work is finally starting to pay off. I couldn't be happier! I didn't go to the gym today (shame), but I am going tomorrow, and I have already made my breakfast--Low-fat Applesauce Oatmeal muffins, yogurt, and a glass of peach iced tea.

Finally some progress after 23 years!!! See you Wednesday for a weigh-in! (PS: Look soon for pictures of Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins I make if I can get them uploaded!)

No comments:

Post a Comment