Friday, July 19, 2013

Weekly weigh-in with a personal touch

Clearly, I forgot to post an update Wednesday about my weight, and today is my "personal post" day, aka a day where I post something about myself so you, the readers, can get to know me better!

First, the weigh-in. I will admit, I did gain weight last week. I did not post because...I was embarrassed. It was quite a bit of weight, in my eyes. I got up to 415 lbs. I'm glad that's over, though. In the beginning of the week, I was 415. By mid-week, I was 414.8. Here is this week:

Starting weight (heaviest): 415

Previous weight: 414.8

Current weight: 412.6

Change: -2.2

Goal weight: 126

Total weight loss percentage: .53%

Alright! Half of one percent gone! It is a start!

Now for the personal post. Today, Mom, Bro, and I headed to the Cleveland area to do some shopping. We stopped at West Side Market (West Side Market website), Bro's favorite coffee shop in Tremont, some market place in Parma where Bro gets his pickles, and Wendy's for lunch. While driving up, I had the time (and peace & quiet) to think about a request I had asked of my father earlier in the month--for a road trip. The last time Dad and I went on a road trip was (I believe) 5 years ago, one month after I graduated high school. At that time, I chose a county to go to in alphabetical order (thank you, OCD); that county was Ashtabula. We didn't plan anything specific...we just drove there. When we got there, Dad and I had so much fun! We drove around looking for lunch. The town we had wandered into was very small and homey, so there were only local diners. Fortunately, we found a hot dog stand next to a drawbridge and stopped there to eat hot dogs, chips, and pop.

After that, we wanted to find a beach. So, Dad took off driving. One of my funniest memories of the trip is him driving. We headed to the drawbridge. The light was red (meaning DON'T CROSS THE BRIDGE, THERE IS A BOAT COMING AND THE BRIDGE WILL MOVE UP). Dad conveniently ignores the light and runs right through it. I say, "Dad, there was a red light back there." Dad immediately stops, frozen in the middle of the drawbridge. "What does that mean?" he says. "DAD! DAD! GET OFF THE BRIDGE!!" That was me screaming because at this point, I feel the bridge moving underneath me. It is folding up to make room for a taller boat. Dad guns it, until we realize that we will not make it to the other side before the middle splits. Dad slams the car into reverse and squeals off of the bridge. We make it just in time before the bridge completely splits.

The rest of our trip was quiet. We stopped at a beach and enjoyed the sunny day. Then, we headed home.

Fast forward 5 years, and I am ready to go on another road trip with my Dad. My likes have definitely changed over the years, and currently I am extremely interested in abandoned towns, buildings, and the like. I don't know why, but they fascinate me. I have chosen Carpenters Mill, OH. It is in near Columbus. Europeans first settled it, but after Ohio gained statehood, settlers founded it in 1801. Oo! There is even a ghost story associated with the river bank just a little ways down. Yes! I hope we have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment