Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goaltime

Haven't been on here in awhile for a reason, I promise. This was the first week of student teaching, and I realized just how BUSY teachers really are, no matter what subject they teach. I was running all week--when I woke up at 5 each morning, I was out the door by 6:45-7. I got home Monday at 10:30 pm, Tuesday at 9:30 pm, Wednesday at 5 pm, Thursday at 3:15 pm, and Friday at 4 pm. For anyone who thinks their life is busy and sucks, PLEASE don't complain to me until you've been moving around all day for 16 HOURS STRAIGHT. When you've done what I (and I'm sure, the rest of the senior mused people who are student teaching now) have done this week, then come moan and groan to me. PS: All those "free hours" after school--I was writing lesson plans, which take about 1 1/2 hours each (4 total, for now).

New goal this week, because I think I'm starting to get life under control. My new goal is to take the time to make a meal plan for the next week that is healthy. Survey says--I mean Sparkpeople says:

Spend 15 minutes or so to map out your meals. Keep it simple. Then, when you shop for groceries, make your purchases based on the meals you will make during the week. This will help you avoid relying on less healthy take-out or fast food choices.

Grocery shopping is my favorite time of the week. I try to go early every Sunday morning. It is now a treat I look forward to every week. I love it because it's "me" time. Time for me, just me, to relax, catch my breath from the week, and enjoy some solitude away from UC and this apartment. Shopping has become truly enjoyable for me.

I will be posting some grocery-shopping tips later in the week. No recipe of the week--I am just TOO busy!!! BUT, be on the lookout for new music tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment