Sunday, November 10, 2013

New Goal Sunday & Happy Memories

Time for another goal. After last week's success, I am ready to go further!


Give up one fast-food meal (and frozen mocha), one per week
Start: 4 meals/mochas
11/10-11/16 goal: 3 meals/mochas

My long-term goal is to reach 1 fast-food meal/frozen mocha per week. 

I am a negative person, and noticed that I usually am on the blog writing about how I failed, or feel crappy...but I feel the need to post this positivity that happened Friday and yesterday.

Friday morning was awful for me. I had no motivation to go to work and was in a terrible mood. I eventually dragged myself into the car and got going. Fortunately, my dad is a business genius, so he was able to get a really good deal on Sirius XM for the past 3 years, so I still have Sirius XM in the car. I turned on the radio to "On Broadway", and immediately became grumbly.

"I don't know any of these stupid new musicals. Why do they keep making them? There's too much crap out there now." 

The song ends, and on comes "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin. I smiled and got teary-eyed. This song has such special meaning to me. This is a song that my cooperating teacher and I taught to the 6th (? I think) graders while I was student teaching. The students and I loved that song! 

All of a sudden, all of the good memories of student teaching came flooding back. The conversations with my cooperating teachers, the fun students I met and got to know, the events I attended, the memories I made with the students and teachers--all good memories.

I belted the song out at the top of my lungs all the way to school. While the day turned out awful (ending in sickness :( ), I had that song in the back of my head all day. 

Then yesterday, I woke up and could not get that song out of my head! I sang it aloud all day long and had a smile on my face all day.

Remembering great times in your life can be very helpful in shaping your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment