Thursday, November 7, 2013

Here I am!

I am back! Finally, after a long blogging hiatus, I am ready to jump back into my journey.

The school year has started and is in full swing. What do I do during the school year? Here's a glimpse:

--substitute teach at my hometown school district (except for the K-2 levels; I just don't feel ready for those ages just yet)

--accompany the choirs at another local school district every third day and everyday as concerts near

--teach private piano lessons to 3 students; 2 at my home, 1 at the school I accompany (during the lunch hour; this student knows how to play the piano, I am just working on helping this student read music)

--play organ/keyboard, accompany the choir, and rehearse with/direct the choir at a local church every Sunday, with choir rehearsal every Wednesday night and a team meeting with some members of the church once a month before the choir rehearsal

I have been subbing quite a bit, and I have found that the school that fits me best is the elementary (or "intermediate" 3-5) school. My days, nights, and weekends are full, so right now, I am trying to find a consistent time to go to the gym.

My goal this week was to cut back to 4 frozen mochas and 4 fast-food meals a week. And guess what: I DID IT!!!  It has taken me weeks to succeed at this goal, mainly because I have felt lately like I need my coffee drink everyday to survive.

Since I finally completed my goal, I wanted to reward myself. When I started this journey, I would always reward myself with food. But that doesn't make sense, since I'm trying to LOSE weight and feeding myself more is wrong. Instead, I chose one of my favorite stores as a reward--ULTA.

I love that store. I used to go once a week to buy something new. After a few months, I realized just how much money I wasted in that store. It got pretty bad.

It took me nearly a month, but I finally get to go to ULTA!! I am so excited!!

Check back for a new goal next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment