Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Uh...I'm not really THAT person. But I am THAT person.

Lately, I've been thinking about just how much my "weigh" of losing weight changes (pun intended). I have always been a person who embraces change. Change can be a good thing. The only proof I need is to look at my life. After high school, I needed a change, so I took a risk. First, I cut off 8-9 inches of my hair, dyed it to the complete opposite color, and then, I left. I went 5 hours away to a city I barely knew, walked into a school where I knew no one, and took a chance at a new life. Fast forward 5 years later, and I could not have been happier with my decision. I made life-long friends, I honed a craft that I love and keep falling more in love with, and I changed...for the better. I feel more confident, mature, optimistic, and happier than I ever felt before I left for college. I can honestly say I am a different person, and I love it.

Change can be a great thing. Look at my mom's gardening decisions lately (some pushed, possibly, by her wonderful children.... :) ). After 3 (or so) years of pushing, Mom FINALLY let me have a patch of her *sacred* rose garden for my mini herb garden! Yay! I just planted a fresh, living basil plant (I have the tendency to somehow kill basil...this plant is Basil III) and an oregano plant. I'm seeing margherita pizzas in the future. Brother also got in on the planting, making a little patch across from the herbs for his...hot chilis. I can't believe he planted those, and I'm not sure if I'll ever eat one, but Brother is into Creole/Cajun cooking, so I am sure those will fit perfectly into his recipes.

See? Change is good. Well....not all change.

One thing I will never change: my eating. Now hear me out: I'm not saying this in a bad way. I am merely saying that you will NEVER see me on a "diet". I used to be a yo-yo dieter-- ya know, "I'll cut this out. It's 'no that' week, etc..."But now? No way. I am not a dieter, and I never will be.

I might change up HOW I set goals, or what kinds of goals I set. I might change up how I measure myself. Or I might even change up my whole weight-loss ideal, but that is not a bad thing. In my mind, I call it...progress. I am growing and maturing each day, and I am so excited to see where my life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment