Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, new me

Happy New Year/Epiphany (to those who celebrate)! I have a large handful of resolutions, but I have begun to break it down into weekly/monthly goals to help myself stick to them!

Some of my more broad New Year Resolutions include:

Lose weight
Eat healthier
Try new foods
Connect more with friends
Become a better musician
Get my life organized
Budget appropriately for my "wants"

Here is my weekly goal for a healthier lifestyle--

Immediately after waking up, put on my workout clothes, put in my headphones, and get some music going.

This is a goal that...flows with the rest of my previous goals. Here's how the goals went: Lay out my workout clothes at night. Put my alarm clock far enough away to have to get up to turn it off. Set a bottle of water and breakfast bar near my clock. Don't hit the snooze button when my alarm goes off. When I get up, take a swig of water and eat the breakfast bar. And finally, this week's goal.

Other updates:

-- I haven't focused at all on other goals
-- I go soon to test for diabetes--wish me luck!
-- I might be getting sick (can't tell--sore throat comes and goes)
-- I DID try grapefruit (SOMETHING NEW)...as of now, not for me (too sour)

That should be it! Sorry this is so short and blog posts have been sparse. I will do my best to keep up (another NY resolution!).

No comments:

Post a Comment