Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday! Today is a SLOW day compared to the rest of the week--I only have one reeharsal from 7:30-9 tonight for a show for tomorrow night. Normally on Fridays, I like to blog one personal thing, just so you readers can get to know me better as a person. I had originally thought of posting a picture of something from my room every week, but I have so much stuff, it would be impossible to blog it all! So, I am thinking of breaking it down into different segments. This month will be about what I am doing in my multiple jobs.

I will start with my first job I got in August: St. John Lutheran Church musician/choir director.

I am working my way through preludes, postludes, offertory, and communion music in my first organ book. The further I get through the book, the harder the music gets, and now I am using 2 manuals (2 keyboards, one hand on each) AND pedals! It is getting tough, which means more and more practice! BUT, I am getting great compliments from the congregation, who think my playing is "outstanding"! The extra practice is worth it.

Have a good weekend (3-day weekend!) and I will be back on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment