Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quick Blog Update

As I sit here listening to the musing of Adele, I just wanted to give a quick blog-update. I have finally made the switch from Cincy living to Sandtown living, and shtuff is EVERYWHERE... so I know I'll be busy for quite a while with unpacking and moving stuff where I want it back home. I plan on putting up some new pics of a recipe I'm going to try: Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Cream. Check out said pic below. Get excitedandyum.






Also, it seems that everyone has summer plans set out and ready to go. Some have even begun! When I "started" this summer, I had no true plans set, but it seems that a mix of ideas has been swimming around in my brain:

1.) GET A JOB. A PERMANENT ONE. I would love to leave home in August for a real teaching job, moving into an apartment of my own...but for now, that's not happening. :(

2.) Get a summer job! I would like the jobs I got last year: substitute organist around town for random churches...that was so much fun. I've already contacted the church that said I could come back, so fingers crossed!

3.) Go through life's possessions. This is really random, but I love organizing, and my *dream* would be to go through everything I have, deciding whether I REALLY need it or not.

4.) Weed Mom's rose and peony gardens. At least. Mom told me once that the reason she had peony and rose gardens was because they were her father's favorite flowers, and that she loved them, too, and thought of her father when she saw them. I want to make them look really nice this summer.

5.) Plan a family BBQ. I LOVE planning parties. A few summers ago, I planned a "Summer by the Sea" party for my dad's family. I decorated the dining room with a nautical theme, put up old pictures of the family houses in CT, and put out seashells Dad had collected from Cape Cod. The fam LOVED it! This year, I'm hoping to plan an "All-American Fun" party!

6.) READ LIKE CRAZY!! I have FINALLY finished my library of books!!! It only took almost 22.5 years. Now I get to go to the library and check out books all the time. Today, I went and checked out Adele's first CD (which I must say is AWESOME--go check it out!!), the movie "ABduction" with Taylor Lautner, and 2 books-- "Adrenaline" and "Collision" by Jeff Abbott. I have a book by Jeff Abbott--"Trust Me", and I really like it. He writes good suspense-thrillers that usually keep me on the edge of my seat.

That's all for now: I'll keep you updated about my summer plans and how they pan out!

No comments:

Post a Comment