Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Me

I'm still trying to get used to how to USE a blog, but I realized that I don't post much about ME personally. And while you bloggers/readers don't need to know everything about me, I thought it would be neat to have a peek into my life. So, occasionally, I will post a picture of something about ME! Today's picture is a stuffed animal with a VERY special place in my heart. This is my Pooh doll. I got him when my family went to Disney World in Orlando, FL when I was 8. My family stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort (Mayan-themed), and in the gift shop in the hotel, I wanted a Pooh doll, since he's my favorite Disney character. The clerk said that there were no more, but if I came on the last day I was there, Pooh would be here. I came back on the last day, and the clerk was reaching into the inventory room to get a Pooh doll for me. But let's remember, I was 8. And believed ANYTHING. Here is what the clerk told me of Pooh's adventure to get to the store: First, the clerk called on Tinkerbell to send a message to Peter Pan that Pooh needed to come to the Coronado Springs Resort. Then, Peter Pan flew to Aladdin, who was able to find it, with the help of Genie. Aladdin flew over as fast as he could on his magic carpet to Peter Pan, who flew it here as fast as he could. That was who the clerk was taking it from in the room. WOAH. MAGIC. Naturally, I believed him, and was ecstatic to get my Pooh doll straight from Peter Pan. After that, the rest is history. Pooh has been with me for 14 years now, and his sketched name on his shirt is piecing off, but I still love him as much as I did when I was 8. Whenever I would be upset, he was always there for me. When I would cry, Pooh would wipe my eyes (I would use his hands as blotters, don't judge). When I needed a hug, Pooh was always there. I know that he will be with me for years to come. So, I love Disney, and I love Pooh--he's my favorite. And he has been a big part of my life, surprisingly. There's just a sneak peek into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment