Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life & Death

Life has been stressful, so hopefully after this week (high school musical week), it will be better!

Today is New Goal Sunday, and today's new goal is: purchase frozen, ready-to-cook ingredients.

"Frozen fruits and vegetables have high vitamin and mineral content because they don’t sit around losing these nutrients for long before they are preserved. Although you’ll want to keep plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables around, it’s great to have frozen produce available for quick meal additions and smaller servings. Also, some grocery stores offer frozen boneless chicken breasts and a wide variety of seafood items in re-sealable packages. These are great for quick, healthy meals." From Sparkpeople.com

I do this so much it's not even funny. Frozen veggies have always been a major part of our family, and I love frozen fruit in a smoothie. Also, frozen chicken breasts have been a part of my eating since I got here. Chicken is a great, somewhat lean protein.

Ok, well, that is that. Some updates on my life: I tried turkey instead of chicken, and to be honest, it is.....an acquired taste (which = not for me...now). I also tried flavored Greek yogurt. Surprisingly, it was good! I am now replacing regular yogurt with Greek yogurt, due to the health benefits of Greek yogurt. This week, I'm trying peach and honey. Mmm!

There was a 4th death at the conservatory I attend, and it was truly shocking news. I just couldn't believe it. 4 in 4 years...it's tough, and I hope everyone is doing okay and understanding that the grieving process will take time, but that he will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment