Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 3 ALREADY?!?!?

Woah. This week went by fast; it must have passed in between prepping for boards, Praxis II, tests, papers, and FaustFaustFaust.

Last week's goal went really well: by cutting back on my pop and sugary coffee drinks, I cut out a total (drum roll, please)....1500 CALORIES!!!!! :) That's like a day's worth of calories! Ow! Let's keep this up!! I could get used to that.

This week's goal: Replace high-sugar foods with low-sugar foods.

I have a feeling this is going to be tough. This week is one of those weeks that may show that you can still have the foods you normally eat, even if you are trying to lose weight. It could also show just how much of a sugar addiction I have...Sparkpeople says:

Cutting back on the amount of refined sugar you consume helps reduce calories and gain and also helps you avoid the energy slumps that come from sugar withdrawal (I have these!). Items high in refined sugar include most soft drinks, cereal, baked goods, and of course, candy and ice cream. Look for low-sugar or no-sugar versions of these, or simply opt for healthy snacks instead.

Later in the week, I will have a list of some "healthy snacks" up here that are easy to make or find.

Coming up: Music Monday, recipe of the week, healthy snacks are yummy, post-board excitement?---I promise, this time, these will be coming people!!!

PPS: Look out next week for the 1-month checkup! It's a big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment