Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stress:1 Morgan:0

Ah ha. So THIS is what stress really feels like. My weekly goal this past week was to carry a water bottle around with me wherever I go. Well, that did not happen. This week, I had my first midterm on Monday (1 of 2--I feel pretty lucky about the low number). That wasn't really what stressed me out. What REALLY stressed me out was Thursday night: my senior solo recital. This stressor truly did NOT help: especially during midterm week and during an audition weekend... but it is now over. The recital itself was...probably one of the best moments of my life. I will never forget it. I am a performer at heart. I love being on stage, in the center of the stage. Yes, I enjoy performing with an ensemble, but only to a point. This recital was different: it was all about ME. The week leading up to it--was a tad stressful. 6 hour practice days, followed by lots of homework and multiple outside of class things to do, just added to my stress. I'm glad it's over, but I'm sad because the moment is gone. I did really well! I talked to my piano professor, who said (multiple times) that he was so proud of me and that it was the most musical he had ever heard me. He told my parents that I was a rare TRUE musician, and that he was honored to have me as a student. I feel honored to have HIM as my piano professor! I talked to him yesterday, and he said basically the same things. It was still good to see him and to hear that I made him proud. That was my goal Thursday night: I wanted to make DR proud. He has helped me through so much.

Now, I turn to another week--another midterm, a late night rehearsal, and half a week gone for the OMEA conference. Sure, there will be stress, but I am learning to handle it, week by week. This week's goal will stay the same from last week--carry a water bottle with me throughout the day. I still need to work on this habit. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment