Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Day

So, today is Day 1:


SO MUCH DRAMA!!!! Not the best day to start this journey, especially seeing as how I haven't really had the chance to focus on MYSELF lately....but I will not give up.

I went to the doctor in Dec. and told him about my goals and how I hoped to be off meds (for diabetes--I do not have--it is a precaution). He said he would like to see me drop 50 lbs. in a year. I know I can do that. He suggested that the first thing I should focus on is writing down everything I eat, and he offered an idea--use My Fitness Pal, an app. It tracks everything for you--even when you go out to eat! However, this is not useable for my technology, so I found a website that tracks food for me--Sparkpeople. This website can calculate nearly anything--which is good for me (math is not my forte).

Another of my goals was to be down to 123 pounds. The doc said this was a pretty lofty goal, and that I have to work in small chunks or I will always think I fail and never give myself a chance. Fine. *sigh* Rome wasn't built in a day. I have decided to break it down into weekly goals.

Week 1 goal: Record ALL that I eat. I have this bad tendency to SKIP on certain things I eat. Like, "Ooo. I ate 3 mini Hershey's. If I don't write them down, they don't count, right?"....that has to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment