Sunday, February 5, 2012

Water water everywhere...





Today is Sunday, and the start to another week: time for a new goal! My first goal was to write down EVERYTHING I eat, which I have been doing faithfully each day. This helps me see just how much I really eat, and how calorically high my meals are...

A few days ago, I got an e-mail from Sparkpeople (mentioned in a previous blog). I had been wondering what to choose as my next goal, but I didn't know where to start. The e-mail was titled, "13 ways to fit more healthy habits into your hectic life". Oh, perfect! These would be wonderful goals! My life is hectic, as I'm sure all of ours are, and changing small habits...well, I can do that. With that in mind I present.....

week #2 goal:

Drink water throughout the day.

Here's some info from Sparkpeople on WHY water is so good for you (it's not only good for battling dehydration):

You don't hear this nearly enough: water is an all-purpose wonder-substance. It's great for your skin, your digestive system, and circulatory system, and aids in weight loss and cellulite reduction. If you feel fatigued during the day, it's often because you aren't hydrated properly. Drink water throughout the day, sipping from a large bottle or glass. If you have it nearby, it's easy to remember. If you don't like the "taste" of water, keep a supply of lemon so that you can add a slice to your water--it cuts any bitterness, adds a bit of Vitamin C and makes it more festive!

Huh. So water does a lot. I will conquer this goal--with my trusty Nalgene water bottle in hand (note: pictured above)! Rarg C-paw!

No comments:

Post a Comment