Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'll be in my studio studio!

Day 2:

Today was probably one of the most productive days I have had in a LONG time. I practiced for 5 1/2 hours---yes, that's right--5 1/2 hours, just to memorize this piece for studio tonight. Then, I ended up not even playing it!

What I did play was: Bach Prelude and Fugue in C# Major Book 2 AND Brahms Intermezzo in A Major Op. 118. Look them up on Youtube. The Brahms will melt your heart.

Studio went well tonight, surprisingly! I played through the pieces and I only messed up briefly once or twice in each. Overall, as my teacher said, I have come a LONG way since last Saturday, when I ran through my program and couldn't even get through one piece without making a mistake.

Oh, ps...during those 5 1/2 hours of practice, I was also able to squeeze in studying for and taking an exam, lunch, dinner, and homework for tomorrow. Take that, lazy days.

My goal this week was to write down ALL that I ate....and I was successful today. If you're ever looking to lose weight, maintain your weight, or just looking to watch what you eat, I suggest starting by writing down what you eat--all that you eat, everyday. It is QUITE surprising...not in a good way, at least for me....I'll keep writing down and begin to record where I can tweak my eating habits.

Stay classy, OH....


PPS: This video.....this is where I was tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cZ7OT7BmM8

PPPS: For those of you who aren't music majors or don't necessarily know, "studio" refers to a class once a night every two weeks- everyone under the same piano professor comes together to play in front of each other and get critiqued. My "program" includes the pieces I'm going to play at my recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment