Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy February!

It's month 2 of 2014 (wow, January went fast), and things are officially on a roll in my life. Piano lessons are starting back up after a hectic holiday season, subbing calls are slowly coming back (even though we've been in school for what...5 days since January 5th? Thanks, bitter, nasty winter), accompanying is back on a regular schedule, and church responsibilities are picking up as we get closer to Lent. I don't know if any other readers have seen the harsh winter we have. Maybe you've had worse, but Ohio's governor has asked the state to extend calamity days from 5 to 9 for this one year because that is just how bad this winter is. We had 3 "arctic plunges" in January, where temps dipped into the negatives, and wind chills dipped to the -40s. A lot of our school closings are because of temps, not snow. I think there was one REALLY bad storm where my county was on a Level 3 road warning (driving was illegal except for emergency crews), but that was over in a few days. I think we're all ready for spring....

EXCEPT FOR ME!!! I LOVE WINTER!!!!!!! Make it snow EVERYDAY, PLEASE!! I really do love winter. I could live in this climate. This is my favorite season, mainly because I have a TON of winter clothing (sweaters, 2 pairs boots, long-sleeved shirts, etc...) that I love wearing and I LOVE snuggling up to a warm fire with a cup of hot cocoa.

Ok, start of a new month, start of some new goals. 

I know it's not Sunday yet, but I thought I would get a jump start.

First of all, an update on my "resolution" to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year. So far, I have dropped 8 pounds! Not bad for one month...not bad at all!

Next up, I have decided that weekly goals are good, but now I'd like to add more: monthly goals.

February's monthly goals: 
Aim for 2 DAYS OF REST; that means I am striving to work out 5 days a week.
Try new post-workout snack: Fruit & yogurt

My new weekly goal:
Give up 1 fast-food meal/frozen mocha per week
Start: 2 Goal: 1
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment