Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Life goes on

As I get further along in the year, I am beginning to realize that this is not just a "weight loss journey", as I named this. It's more of a "lifestyle chan...learning experience". You thought I was going to say "lifestyle change", didn't you? I've heard that phrase, "lifestyle change", used many times. It's what people say when they don't want to go on a diet. I've used it as a motivator before: "I'm going to start a lifestyle change! I swear, it'll be different!" "Lifestyle change"...I remember in recent years that this phrase became the new buzz word (phrase) of the health world. "Diets" were out; "lifestyle changes", in.

I don't know if I could call what I do a "lifestyle change" as much as I call it a life-long learning experience. I posed this question to my parents (warning: don't EVER try to ask a fashion question to a father if you're a girl...it won't bode well for you): Now that I'm finally moving DOWN in weight, I'm beginning to imagine life at a normal weight. One concern I have is...where will I go shopping for clothes? I've been going to Lane Bryant, Torrid, and Catherine's for as long as I can remember...

My mom's response: Just go where anyone else your age goes. JCPenney, Macy's, H&M, Forever 21, etc... you just adjust to your size.

I guess I didn't realize that. I've been stuck in this rut, thinking I will always be this big. But I won't. I know that now. And as time changes, I'm learning that I will have to adjust to new experiences and feelings. But that's just it. Life will go on, no matter what weight I am...

Time to get to my point, huh? I'm learning so much about working out, eating healthy, and becoming a better person, but that won't stop when I reach my weight goal. This will take literally my whole life to work on. And surprisingly, I'm ok with that (even though I have, like, NO patience and demand results NOW).

PS: My dad's answer to my shopping question: I don't know. Where clothes are...no really???

No comments:

Post a Comment