Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Goal Sunday

Happy Sunday!

I'm off to a great start this week. This morning, after a FANTASTIC weekend at the music education professional development conference in Columbus, I had a healthy breakfast of a bowl of Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal with skim milk (clearly I love chocolate at all times of the day) and a glass of water. I filled up a water bottle and was on my way to the gym. I did gain some pounds back (3 to be precise) after not going to the gym for 1 week. I was up to 424.6 last week, but that number is already falling (I checked!).

My January fitness goal (even though I never told you) was to "up" the intensity of some of my workout in the gym. The long-term goal from this? Get the maximum benefit out of each workout. Here are some of the intensity boosts I've given myself lately at the gym: ramp up the incline to .5% during down times and 1% during small intervals on the treadmill; stop the treadmill halfway through for 30 seconds to catch my breath--stop for 15 seconds--stop for 10 seconds--stop for 5 seconds--don't stop (I made it through 15 minutes non-stop today!!!!); add 5 pounds to chest press (30-35-40), do 1 pushup, do 5 pushups, do 10 pushups;

Today, I upped the intensity by going non-stop on the treadmill, as in, not stopping at all during my 15 minutes! This is a big step for me. My palms were really sweaty and I was so self-conscious about how much I sweated onto the machine, but it felt so good!!

When I got home, I had (one of) my February goal(s): a healthy post-workout snack. I had lowfat vanilla yogurt with cereal pieces and a cup of diced pears.

In the middle of church, my stomach started making growling noises, and by the time I was done, I needed food, and STAT. Now I'm wondering if just a bowl of cereal is not enough for a good breakfast. I'll have to figure something else out...

My new goal this week is:

Have 1 frozen mocha and 1 fast-food meal per week

I can't believe it. If I can accomplish this goal, then I will be done with focusing on frozen mochas and can add other goals. Wow. It's been a long struggle, but I finally have those mochas and fast-food meals under control!!

Lastly, today, I put on this cardigan that I could never wear before because it looked painted on (especially in the arms). If you check out my Facebook or Twitter, I Instagrammed a pic of me wearing the cardigan with very baggy arms! I am a VERY happy person today. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment