Monday, September 10, 2012

Workout #1

I know I haven't blogged in quite a while, and I know that I am behind on my subjects, but I thought now would be the perfect time to blog about how my health journey is going.

It's been a long year: finishing college, senior piano recital, taking Praxis II tests, student teaching, graduation, job hunting, SAI convention, and now multiple jobs...I've had my fill of being busy, but my multiple jobs are just now beginning!

Here's an update on my personal life:

This has been a tremendous end to a "lazy summer". Unfortunately, I was not able to nab a full-time teaching position; however, I DID gain employment with St. John Lutheran Church as the full-time organist! I have now been playing there for 2 weeks and am loving it!

Also, I put out a flyer for teaching piano lessons! No bite yet, but flyers are going up around town tomorrow!

Lastly, I just got a job at a local High School as the choir(s) accompanist! I'm so excited to be an accompanist once again! :D

Needless to say, this is going to be a fun year!

Now on to my health: As you all know, I'm struggling through an uphill battle against my weight (Grr), and so far, it's been a losing battle....until today!

I just got back from my first workout at Anytime Fitness in my hometown, and I feel great. I have not been in a gym in almost a year, and I do not exercise outside of a gym (YET), so all of the equipment is still new to me. Here are my results for my cardio workout:

I walked for 15 minutes for .64 miles, burned 172 calories (more than my Panera Frozen Lemonade I had for dinner!), and was able to get up to a 3.0 with a 1% incline (first time EVER using an incline). I am SO excited, especially since I haven't been walking in a long time!

This is just the beginning: I am going to go 3x/week, and my next day is Wednesday. Oh, yes, and I forgot to say, I have a free 30-minute workout with a PERSONAL TRAINER just for joining! I'm hoping to do that Wednesday! From what I've heard, he's going to kick my butt....

That's it! I should be blogging more now that I am working out more and getting my life together!


OH YEAH DID I MENTION I HAVE MY FIRST SUBBING JOB TOMORROW AT MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL? OHMYGOSH SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment