Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Orange Cream Smoothie

Hello--again, I have been off of my usual blogging schedule. It is getting busier and busier in my life, which is never a problem, especially because the more job and musical experience I have, the more confident I get, but the problem DOES occur when it comes to time to sit down and write a blog.

Today would normally not be a posting day unless something big happens, but I have to put up this recipe for an: Orange Cream Smoothie. I just made this and am enjoying it now! No pictures up, but here's the recipe:

This comes from my newest cookbook, "How to Cook Everything; The Basics--All You Need to Make Great Food" I am a terrible cook. This book is necessary.


The original recipe is a Vanilla-Peach Smoothie, but I chose the orange cream smoothie variation.

Ingredients: 2 cups orange juice
1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used vanilla)
1 cup ice (I used 3 ice cubes)
1 frozen banana (I am weak and could not peel the frozen banana, so I
used 1 fresh)
Directions:
1.) Put the ingredients in a blender. TIP: THE BLENDER WILL WORK BEST IF YOU PUT THE LIQUIDS AND BANANA IN FIRST, THEN ADD ANY REMAINING FRUIT AND ICE (IF THE FRUIT ISN'T FROZEN).
2.) Start by pulsing the machine, then turn it on and whiz it until smooth. If it is having trouble, add a splash more orange juice. Serve it right away, ideally in chilled glasses.

At first, the orange juice was a bit strong, but as I sipped more, it weakened a bit. This was a yummy recipe (and healthy with the greek yogurt)! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment