Wednesday, August 29, 2012

GA trip pictures

Finally, I am able to get the pictures of our wonderful SAI Triennial Convention up here!

I have never DRIVEN this far south. My family has flown 3 times and I went on a bus trip with my high school band down to Disney World in Orlando, FL, but I have never DRIVEN this far south. This was a very exciting adventure for me! Here are the pictures!



This is Nashville, TN...what a beautiful city!



There were some massive hills/mountains along the way...



...and some gorgeous rivers and lakes!



Finally we made it to Georgia!! You can't see it very well, but the sign says, "Welcome! We're glad Georgia's on your mind!" Awesome.



This is our view from the BALCONY of our hotel room. ON THE 8TH FLOOR. Wonderful!



This is our meeting room for general sessions. We are all preparing for the first general session!



This is our Sigma A province flag!! All the girls that were there in our province came up to our room the first night and decorated it--then, our Province Officer got to show it off in the parade of province flags!!



Here are our convention guest honorees, Gerald and Geraldine Hubbell! This was at our Welcome Luncheon on the first full day. They talked about marriage, medicine, and music in their lives together.



This was the Inter-American Music Awards winner. If I remember correctly, the first violin player played for the Prince William and Princess Kate's wedding and for the Diamond Jubilee for the Queen. It was a wonderful concert!



PHLEA-PHLAM. One of my favorite things about convention! This is a giant sale between chapters! Individual chapters make crafts to sell and pocket the money. I got quite a few things, including a necklace, earrings, a coaster, sunglasses, and an official convention pen.





This is the Song of Atlanta Show Chorus. These women sang, danced, and were fabulous!



This is the Atlanta First United Methodist church (I think that's the right name), where the organ concert was held. It was about 5 minutes away from our hotel. The church and the concert were wonderful! Here's the inside of the church.




Here I am in Centennial Park! It was a fun experience, walking around and taking in the sights of GA!


Next, we didn't go INTO the World of Coke, but we went to the park outside of it. The inventor of Coca-Cola would NOT give me a sip. How rude.



Dinner of Honors! Here is our Province (minus one)!

A picture of our whole province!



Two of my favorite people--my faculty advisor and our Province Officer.



Bye-bye Atlanta, GA! Such great memories and such great motivation!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! It looks like it was a great convention. And I'm tickled that you used my cookbook :) Had I known that bread was so good, I would have made it!
    P.S. You look amazing.
    P.P.S. I met a guy who was good friends with the (former) president of Coca-Cola. Remind me to tell you stories.
    P.P.P.S. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morgan!! Awesome pictures! I don't know if you know this, but our chapter started a blog this year to post minutes and reminders and whatever we want. If you tell me what your Google account email is, I would love to add you to it. Then would you be interested in sharing your convention experience on that blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: It was AWESOME!!! AND your cookbook is so handy! Especially when our family's main oven is broken and all we have left is a toaster oven and microwave. Lastly, I miss you toooooo!!!!!!! :_( (and yes, I do want to hear stories!)

    Jalen: Sarah J. had told me about that. I would LOVE to share my convention experience on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete