Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Goal/Super Bowl 47 Sunday

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Annnnddd...the lights in the stadium just went off... say wha???

New goal time--my weekly goal:

Get 7 hours of sleep/day.

This is a minimum time; I would love to get more.

Along with weekly goals, I am beginning small daily goals. February is National Heart Month, so I have a calendar from my favorite Sparkpeople website. My daily goals this week include:

2/3/13-- Monitor my cholesterol intake (my iPhone food tracker keeps track of this)
2/4/13-- Get moving. Shoot for at least 30 min/day.
2/5/13-- Boost your HDL; eating foods like nuts, flaxseeds, olive oil, and fish...too bad I hate all but olive oil; in my last checkup, though, I was told all of my cholesterol was great
2/6/13-- Slow down (I'll do my best)
2/7/13-- Go nuts! I'll....not do as much of this one...
2/8/13-- Pump iron...ok...
2/9/13-- Avoid trans fats...time to read labels...


Ok, so these are some of the things I will be doing, and I will report on these later (tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday).

Do something good for your heart this month--go for a walk, watch your intake of food, incorporate healthy eating into your lifestyle, and most importantly (in my opinion), SLOW DOWN. Enjoy life. Take time to stop and smell the roses. It's funny that this month's theme (heart health) comes when it does. Just recently, I was subbing at a middle school when (IT IS BELIEVED; HEARD THIS FROM A STUDENT WHOSE FRIEND WAS IN THE CLASSROOM) a teacher had a (possible????) heart attack. Take care of yourself. Your heart will thank you!

Stay healthy,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment