Monday, May 28, 2012

Yum food. And more food.

Wow. It's been a while since I last blogged. Student teaching has taken up A LOT of my time, so that's my excuse. It's Memorial Day, and I would like to say thank you to all army members currently serving, retired, or passed away. You have sacrificed your lives for our freedom, and for that, we can never thank you enough. Second, I am home for the weekend (home-home), and it's been a busy weekend. Friday, I got home late and had business to take care of. Saturday, I didn't really do much....... :/ Sunday was the big Cleveland Great American Rib Cook-off. This is the 2nd year my family has gone to this, and the first year I've gone. I am not a fan of ribs, so when I heard the name, I wasn't thrilled, but boy oh boy, what a surprise. The day was (supposed to be) extremely hot, but thanks to a storm brewing and winds picking up, it was actually chilly. As the storm blew over, we walked in. This is a very expensive event, but so worth it--especially since it only happens once a year! You pay to get in, then you pay to buy tickets to get food (food is bought with cash or tickets). This rib cook-off had ribs. But it also had more! The first thing that hit me was the wafting of sweet roasted corn, corn dogs, lemonade, french fries, and funnel cakes. There was also ice cream, waffle fries, beer, pop, and water. YUMCARNIVALJUNKFOOD. Along the side wall, childrens' groups were performing. One was a hip-hop dance group, another was "School of Rock." No lie. Young students playing instruments and singing. Along the back wall was the main attraction: a wall lined with different rib places selling all kinds of meals. Dad and I stopped at "Pigfoot". He got a rib sampler (3 ribs) and I got a pulled pork sandwich and smothered it in sweet BBQ sauce. It was SO. GOOD!!!!!!! I wanted another, but these cost 8 tickets (around $20!). Bro went to "Carolina Rib King" because he has tried that and loves it. I tried his, but it was spicy for me. Mom got an ear of sweet roasted corn (which I also don't really like). On the way out, I got a bottle of Coke and a funnel cake COVERED in powdered sugar that I DEVOURED! It was such a good, yummy food filled day. Here are some pictures:
This is where Dad and I went, and Bro's stop is right beside it.
Mom's ear of sweet roast corn. Not my cup of tea. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of my DEELISH funnel cake, as I ate it before I could even find my camera. Whoops. Today, I made "Eton's Mess Cupcakes". These cupcakes are Yellow Cake with Cream, Meringue, and Strawberries. YUM. These rock. I found these on a website from StumbleUpon: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2YACg2/mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com All of the cupcakes I have tried from this website are delicious, and I'm glad I found it! Try some. Which cupcake is your favorite or looks the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment