Friday, December 7, 2012

Hey...remember me?

Wow. What a looong hiatus I just took. Life has been INSANELY busy and I am slowly but surely adjusting to my new work-schedule craziness. While I can snatch some free time, I thought I would update readers on my life and WHY it is so busy. Here goes; see if you can keep up with me now.

1.) Throughout June, July, and August, I searched intensely for jobs, first in Cincinnati, then anywhere in OH. While some interviews came up, nothing went further than an interview.

2.) During the summer, I had quite a few substitute jobs as an organist around town (@ my home church and at a neighboring church). Aside from that, no job bites.

3.) In the middle of August, a close friend of mine suggested I audition for her church as a full-time organist. I thought about it and put it on my back burner.

4.) Near the end of August, I got a phone call from a local school choir director looking for an accompanist for the 2012-13 school year, and BAM...first job.

5.) Soon after, I received a call from the pastor of my close friend's church, saying that my friend and her mother had recommended me for the organ job. I went in for an audition a few days later, and found out the night of the audition that I was the new organist!

6.) Immediately after getting my 2nd job, I got calls from 3 different churches, asking me to substitute or be a full-time organist, and I had to turn them all down. :(

7.) I put out flyers around town offering piano lessons and got a call from a mother looking for a teacher for her son! That is job #3!

8.) By the middle of September, I had begun subbing at my old school district. Job #4!

9.) This past weekend, I played for my old high school chamber choir for a performance at the church I play at! That was a part-time job (one practice a week, 2-3x total). Job(ish) #5!

PHEW. My workload is heavy, but it is all worth it. Every job involves something I love doing: teaching, or making music. What a crazy, beautiful life.


PS: I will try to post more, especially about my weight loss journey. BIG NEWS ABOUT MY HEALTH COMING SOON. VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment